I haven't posted in awhile because we have been settling into a new routine. I got another job and after two weeks of doing both jobs I quit the cleaning business, hopefully for good! I was hired part time at the Douglas County Aids Project. I am working as a social worker doing case management for about 22 clients infected with HIV. I was hired on a grant position that goes through next July so we will be here until then. It has been very interesting work. I have learned a lot about AIDS in the last few weeks and am very glad that I don't participate in any of the high risk behaviors. It is good to be back doing case management, which is where I did my internship in college, before I worked in the school districts. It is a very small non-profit agency so that is fun and challenging. There are only 6 employees, I think only 3 are full-time. I work two days a week normally but this week I worked full time which was exhausting considering I was up most of the nights all week with Jude who has had the flu all week. Luckily I flew Joel in to provide child care (the airplane ticket was the exact same price as what I would have paid for five days of child care) so he took care of our sick baby all week during the day. Adelle got the bug last night and will be home from school tomorrow. Hopefully by the time Joel leaves Wednesday night everyone will be healthy again.
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

3 comments:
Your new profile pic is hilarious. You look very persuasive and long-suffering ;0)
Congrats on the new job. So glad Joel could come out and help, not to mention it must have been so nice to have the whole family together even under those circumstances.
Congrats on the new job...sounds interesting and a learning process at the same time. Hope baby boy is feeling better and the girls didnt catch it! Miss you!
Post a Comment