It is not as much fun blogging when I can't add photos. I need to take more photos now that Joel isn't around and figure out how to put them on the computer.
Our first week in Kansas:
1.Joel got a security pass in Orange County to walk us to the gate. I looked distressed enough, traveling alone with three children, at the ticket counter when they said my flight was delayed and I might miss the connection in Denver.
2. I actually made the connecting flight in Denver. I had to run through the airport with three children to do it.
3. So far the only major problems from the girls is Maeve pooping her pants three days in a row. Donna and Bruce solved that by getting her a little Winnie the Pooh toilet. I had hoped to transition away from the little potty on this move but that turned out to be too much for Maeve. No accidents since the new chair arrived.
4. Maeve keeps saying she wants to go home. I just tell her we are homeless. She doesn't know how to respond to that.
5. Adelle on the other hand is loving all the additional attention from the grandparents.
How long do you give us before the bomb drops and the lose of Joel in their daily lives brings on all the really fun behaviors?
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

3 comments:
Oh, man, that is not going to be good. Poor little kiddos. But you will all survive. And look how much closer you are to me!!!
#4 is cracking me up! Poor Maeve - wait until she meets some new friend at the park and tells that new friend about how her family is homeless ;)
hang in there...keeping the kids busy I'm sure will help. How soon until Joel gets to come visit?
If they start getting really crazy, make a paper chain, take one off every day until it's the day Daddy comes to visit. Then they have something to gauge by...not just this abstract idea of someday seeing their Dad again...
Post a Comment