Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grandma

My grandma, Charlotte Waters Dahle, passed away recently and I made a trip to Utah for her funeral. Here are my cute parents and siblings. It was actually an enjoyable weekend spent with family. It was nice to be reminded that Grandma wasn't always sick and of how fun she was before she got alzheimers. Her and Grandpa are so lucky now to be together where he can hear her and she remembers who he is. Grandma use to tell me that we had a lot in common. We both broke our legs (she got hit by a car I think and I got hit by a soccer goalie). We both broke our collarbones (I can't remember how she broke hers but I got hit by another soccer player :) We both had traumatic events the day I was born. Mine was going through the birth canal. Hers was a heart attack. She got really mad at me once because I called her Granny. She said only old people were Grannys. How sweet it is to know I will see you again Grandma!

2 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

You gave your grandma a heart attack - oh my!!!

What a sweet post. I am sorry for your loss. What an amazing thing faith is and how comforting it is in these times.

The Texas Bakers said...

I am pretty sure the first time your collarbone was broken was when Austin tackled you.