We drove with Grandma Donna to see her mother, Grandma Jenneth, in New Jersey for spring break. The children and I had never met her. The kids had never been east of St. Louis. Uncle Dean was visiting from Florida so we got to spend time with him too. He drove us around NYC one day but that is for another post. Grandma Jenneth is the kindest, most sweet woman. It was sad to leave her. I wish she did not live to far away. Her home is old and big, a kid's dream. So many things to see and places to play. We played hide and seek a few times. I had the best hiding places that when the kids finally were brave enough to find me I jumped out and scared them to death. It was hylerious. I should feel bad for making the girls cry, from fright, but I don't.
We also got to meet Uncle David and Aunt Heather. David use to play in a band and is still amazing on the guitar. He played tons of Beatles songs while Adelle sang along. She was in heaven. They were super fun to hang out with. He has an awesome New Jersey accent and was really funny. I wish we lived closer and could spend more time with them.

1 comment:
I miss your place in Springville where it was too easy to sneak attack Adelle! Glad you had a good time in New Jersey/NYC.
Post a Comment