Sunday, April 10, 2011

NYC Met








Ever since we did artist studies during the years we homeschooled Adelle, she has been very interested in many of the great artist throughout history. She is particularly found of Pablo Picasso. I think she said that was because she liked his abstract ideas. She did a big report on him last year for her gifted and talented class. After walking through Central Park we gave her the option of going to the Natural History Museum or the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She chose the Met because they had original Picasso's she wanted to see. It was amazing. There were rooms full of paintings by Monet, Picasso, Van Gogh, Vermeer, Rembrandt, Cezanne, Pissaro, etc. Basically several original works by all of the artist I know. We spent several hours there. Joel could have spent several days. It was like a candy story to him. Adelle enjoyed it as well but liked to move more quickly through the exhibits so I chased her while Joel strolled.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I envy Adelle. First because she got to go to the Met. Second because she has parents who are willing to support her and teach her about Picasso. Lucky girl.