I've been a little preoccupied getting into a school routine with Adelle (not to mention getting use to waking up at 6:30am after being woken up 5 times during the night between my two babies) and looking for a better job than my current evening office cleaning job. I think I am getting pretty good at interviewing so hopefully something good comes up soon. I've only been offered one job and the pay was so low I wouldn't have brought anything home after child care costs. Why is it that social workers get paid so little?
But on to my post title. Susan from our old homeschool group (I miss you guys!) suggested this book called the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (I know titles are suppose to be underlines but I can't figure out how to do that??) Anyway it is about the German occupation of the Channel Islands during WWII. I put it on hold at the library and after waiting all summer I finally got it. It was really interesting. Did you know that when the Islanders knew the Germans were coming they put their kids on a boat to England and didn't see them for 5 years?! Isn't that so sad! Worth reading and a pretty quick read.
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

3 comments:
Good luck in the job search! Thanks for posting on that book, it's on my list of books to read.
I read that too becasue of Susan. Very enjoyable! Best of luck with the job search.
This same book is being read by members of the Orange 3rd Ward Georgeanne Bollinger Book Club.
Post a Comment