Adelle has finally worn me down enough with her begging that we are enrolling her in the local public school. Okay that is part of it. I prayed about it too and it felt right. But I am sad. I never intended to homeschool her forever but once I started doing it I realized how much I enjoyed it, how much better our 1 on 1 learning is than 30 on 1 in school, and how wonderful the flexibility is. But she desperately wants to go to school so we are going to give it a try. I hope she likes it, though I know it is not going to be as much fun as she thinks it will be and I am not excited about the early mornings (Jude still sleeps like a newborn). I am excited to have less fighting and screaming between the girls during the day. Wish us luck! By the way this is an airport photo not a school photo.
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

9 comments:
Oh good luck Ms Adelle! The unknown...a scary thing. Yes, the early mornings are not so fun. Hope it works out well! Miss you all!
I'm sure it will be an adjustment for everyone. I bet she really is excited! I remember her talking about school and wanting to go when we met in LA!
Good luck with it all! I'm grateful W school doesn't start until 9 as some of the other local elem. schools start at 7:30, way too early for this house.
which school is she going to?
Ha! One-on-one only until Miss Maeve starts!! I am impressed you were able to do it for two years. I would have resorted to infanticide long ago! Addie will do awesome in school and the social aspect will (hopefully) be good for her. Think of all the fun new songs and jokes she'll come home with;) I hear you on the early mornings, however. Ugh.
She will probably have a wonderful time. I can see that it could be very helpful to you as well. I know Rebecca loved school before we started homeschooling (she went K-2nd) and when she returned to school in 8th grade she LOVED it and still does. You have to make decisions based on the child, the season of your family, and all sorts of other factors.
You have to do what feels right at each stage of their young lives. I've learned that lesson well. I'm on the fence right now, thinking about sending Ben and Susie back. I'm waiting to hear if the school Ben's new friend attends has room for them. I confess I'm hoping they don't because that will make the decision so much easier for me. I know Adelle will do great wherever she is because she has parents who love her and care about her education.
thank you for all the positive responses. Adelle is excited because she is attending the same school Joel and his sisters attended. The secretary even remembered Joel, SHaron, and Joy! But it starts Aug 12. There goes a third of our summer!!
We miss the Remke family. I'm thankful for blogs to keep up with friends and acquaintances.
What is up with the earlier and earlier starting of public school? What ever happened to starting the Tuesday after Labor Day?!
Post a Comment