Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lawrence, Kansas

We are moving to Lawrence, Kansas. Joel is moving to Los Angeles to live with two classmates. No we are not getting divorced I had to inform Adelle, who I didn't even know knew what that was. Joel's parents are taking the kids and I in while Joel pursues his career in Hollywood. It is a temporary move, hopefully less than a year for him to find steady work and for us to build up a savings for those lean months of work. The joys of self-employment. We are going to miss him dearly. I am sad for him for all the things that he will miss in the children's lives. I am sad for me that he won't be coming home at night. But I have to admit after spending so much of the last three years as a single mom I am looking forward to having a 1 on 1 ratio of adult to child, help with the daily chores of running a household, and to doing less laundry (the cloth diapers are going to storage and we are only taking 2 suitcases, mostly filled with craft projects!). I love Lawrence, my in-laws, and Kansas summer. Okay that last part is a lie. It is hot and humid and this Alaskan girl may die. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Saw Jen last night and she shared the news ... can we say elated, ecstatic, over joyed! We are sad that Joel isn't coming too, but we are thrilled we get you and your babes for a little while!

Sue said...

What about the benefit of being in the same time zone as your two non-Texan sisters?

Heather said...

Oh Cindy, I have had to spend months away from Aaron before, it is hard and no fun. Here's to lots of frequent flier miles and that your family can be reunited soon!!

Cam said...

Keep those blog posts coming...not just for your loyal readers...but more importantly for far away Joel. That's one way that he will not miss quite as much of your lives while you're apart.