Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cecil Awards




Joel didn't win the award for cinematographer but we got to walk down the red carpet! (Joel, Bruce, my FIL, and I did anyway. Sharon (SIL) was content to be the photographer.) The award ceremony was probably like the Oscars; parts were entertaining, parts were a little boring. There was a big difference between the acceptance speeches of the undergrads and the grads. I guess I am getting old because most of the twenty year olds' speeches were just silly. But it was fun to be there to support Joel. We stayed for a little while at the after party but since I am not much of a dancer and Jude cried for most of the evening with my friend, Debbie, we left Joel to tear up the dance floor alone while I put the kids to bed. 

1 comment:

The Texas Bakers said...

Lookin' pretty hot in your sexy Asian dress! Your hair is getting long again - it looks cute.