
This is a glockenspiel. Similar to a xylophone but a xylophone has wooden bars and a glockenspiel has metal bars. Adelle learned to play it this week in her percussion class. She loves this class. To me, an outsider watching the class, it looks like madness. Mr. Hallman, her instructor is amazingly patient. We love him. Every time he asks the students to stop playing so he can talk, one student will hit some instrument they just couldn't resist. This will happen two or three times before they all stop long enough for him to talk. But the best part is if they break for even a second, kids are running around trying everyone else's instruments. It is hylerious to watch only because I am not the one trying to keep order. And I wonder, because I am not a musical person, do you really have to swing with all your might to make that big drum heard? Can you believe that Jude can actually sleep through this class?
Project 365 - 2015
10 years ago

2 comments:
LOL, I have to admit I am so glad the boys did not want to do the percussion class. Amazing Jude can sleep through it.
They actually have an entire episode of Sesame Street dedicated to the glockenspiel. You should google it. How sad is it that I know this?
Post a Comment