Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
This verse has been running through my head all week as the time for Joel to start shooting his thesis has drawn closer and no baby has been born. I told him that if the 22nd came and went without me giving birth I would have a mental break down. And I did. Now that it is over I feel a lot better. It is a humbling thing to realize that you really have no control over when you give birth. Somehow with the last two I thought I did. It is a frustrating thing to have what you think are righteous prayers not be answered, like having your husband with you when giving birth. So I have spent some time this week being angry with God, with this unborn child, and with every person that makes any comment about me stilling being pregnant. But now that I am faced with only the worst two possibilities I can deal with it. The worst being either giving birth without Joel or being pregnant for 12 more days until he is done shooting his thesis. Granted that would only put me a week overdue but considering I've never gone past 38 weeks, 41 weeks seems like a long time. Especially when the Santa Ana winds have struck again bringing 90+ degree weather and really annoying allergies. But all these things shall give me experience, and shall be for my good right? So we will keep you posted.

4 comments:
(((Cindy))) This too shall pass. When that wee one is in your arms, whether Joel is there or not or if you are a week overdue, you will be the happiest mamma on the planet. If you need anything, btw this is Cheryl from parkday, please call or e-mail me-SERIOUSLY!
I know each day feels like forever once you get past about 37 weeks. I'm sure it doesn't help that your sister had her kiddo early. We hope the babes arrival is sooner rather than later! Katie
I must apologize because I have probably made you feel worse the past week or so. I know your LO will come when he is ready. Maybe if you are lucky, it will happen in the middle of the night and Joel will be able to be there, and you won't have to wait for Election Day.
I apologize for being one of those insensitive men who may have made comments about your late stage of pregnancy at a time when you REALLY wanted it to be OVER ALREADY!
Post a Comment