Sunday, June 24, 2012

Activity Girls Temple Trip




Most of you know that I am the leader for the Activity Girls at church (ages 8-11). In January our Bishop gave the congregation the challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. We extended that for the Activity Girls to 5 months. They had from January to May to read. Out of the 15 or so girls these four finished the challenge.

The Primary President and I took them to the Independence Visitor's Center, on a picnic lunch, and to the temple as a reward. It was a fun, interesting day. The girls had a great time. And I only had a minor headache by the end!

So proud of Adelle! She has read the Book of Mormon twice on her own. I didn't read it completely for the first time until I was 16. Now she is ready to take on the Bible. She is quite a speedy reader but that may take more time!

No comments: