Sunday, April 22, 2012

Team Alligator

Jude and Maeve are playing on Team Alligator. Jude may be a bit young for soccer but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have both of them on the same team. This will be the only season that they can play together. Batman didn't get scored on. After a few minutes he decided to take the mask off and reveal his true self. 
It was nice of him to share the mask with his side kick. 
Actually even though Jude is the younger of the two, he probably kicks the ball about as often as his sister. At his game this week each time he kicked the ball he came running over to me on the side line so I could give him a high five for kicking the ball. 
Maeve is more active this season. I am not coaching and I think that helps. Though she did tell me that she liked me better as a coach. She said I had better games at practice. Nicest thing she said to me this week. Most of the other things were at the top of her lungs and had the word hate in them. 
Remember the boy on the right? Zach, Maeve's future husband. He broke his arm at the play ground and is out for the rest of the season. Total bummer. Especially since it happened the week I was the substitute coach and we got slaughtered in our game. The kids didn't care but it was lame. All they care about is SNACKS! In fact that is the ONLY reason Jude stays on the field. I have to remind him that people who play get snacks several times during the game. Good times!

No comments: