Sunday, June 19, 2011

Graduation

We had the hooding ceremony at the Lied Center. Mom came from AK and Michelle drove from Texas with two kids for the weekend. It was wonderful to have them here, especially because Joel was in Ireland for the event.
It has become a tradition to get pedicures when we are all together ever since Sueight's wedding. Here is my jayhawk pedicure. Isn't it awesome!
Dr. Kapp is one of the funniest professors. I took a class from him for my BSW and we served on the MSW curriculum committee together this year. After a few meetings I mentioned that I had taken a class from him in the undergrad. When I told him my maiden name he totally remembered me (I had helped coach one of his children at a soccer clinic) and couldn't believe that he hadn't recognized me. It is a good thing that I don't take offense easily. I didn't think I looked that much older/different!

Dahle Clan. Notice Maeve and Jude's shoving match.
Remke Clan. Those two middle kids did not want to cooperate in any photos. Minus Matt, who was in China for work, and Joel and add a bunch of new kids, it is the same crowd that cheered me on at my BSW graduation. I am very lucky to have so much supportive family.

No comments: