(picture of Adelle with Anahita and Lizzie)
Adelle's gifted teacher entered this writing in an essay contest:
The Journey of a Book
I love reading. I read many types of stories, but not non-fiction books because I like fantasy. I sometimes read five books all at once. I know that makes me sound unusual, but I read one in the morning, one after breakfast, one before lunch, one after lunch, and one right before bed. My newest favorite is Fable Haven. It is a very good series so far. My friend in California, Ben, told me that I read too much and should get on with life. I told him no way, and I would read all my life. He did not seem happy about that. I will not stop reading until someone interrupts me. I started reading Harry Potter at age six so I could finish before my cousin, who is a year older than me. My mom read things to me when I was little, and still does. The book we are reading now is Little Women. It is a classic so some words are hard to understand. When I start a new book, I get taken into the world of the story so nothing around matters. I hope I will never stop reading as I love the journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment