Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Photo Shoot




This is the first dresses I've ever made. Not exactly fancy Easter dresses but I was pleased just the same for my first attempts. The fabric was a bed sheet from the thrift store. I felt a little like Marie Von Trapp from the Sound of Music when she made outfits for the kids out of the curtains. Our Easter was a little hectic with afternoon church and then we had dinner with Fevzi and Gokcen. No ham this year (they are Muslims). We had chicken but other than that it was a pretty traditional Easter dinner. I hope all of you had a happy Easter!

7 comments:

Heather said...

oh Cindy- that is a great family photo! The dresses look fantastic- as does your apron!! I still wear the apron you gave me as a shower gift...wore in yesterday in fact!

theFamilyWatson said...

you have such a beautiful family!

jennliek said...

How in the world do you have 3 kids (one of them homeschooled) and find time to sew dresses and go jogging? You are my inspiration girl! The dresses (and I'm guessing Jude's onesie?) are beautiful-you did a great job mom! And I love the apron too-I wish you guys lived closer so you could teach me how to sew:)
P.S. Jude is about the cutest boy I've ever seen:)

The Four Week Vegan said...

You are one beautiful family! Jude's onsie tie is too cute. Your dresses turned out great. How very creative of you to use a sheet :)

Donna said...

Cynthia, What wonderful picture of your family! The dresses are great and the tie for Jude is a charming touch! Thanks for sharing your life with us. Love, Donna

Cam said...

This fabulous Easter photo of your whole family is a keeper! The Remke family will sorely be missed when you move on to your next adventure.

Cindy said...

Thank you!