Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Balboa bar


One of Michelle's and my adventures led us to Balboa Island for window shopping and the tasty Balboa Bar. Our ice cream was dipped in peanuts and toffee and was the best tasting thing ever. Adelle was very jealous when we came home and told the family what we did that day. She said she would want hers dipped in sprinkles. No surprise there. "But mom will never take me there" 

After adding to the weight we are carrying around we headed to the beach for boogie boarding. Alright women 7 months pregnant probably shouldn't be boogie boarding but it was lots of fun. Except the waves were much bigger at Newport Beach than Little Corona Del Mar where I am use to so we got beat up a bit. And maternity suits are not as tight fitting as regular suits so some people on the beach may have gotten flashed. I am sure that we were great entertainment. At one point I did a somersault underwater and was unsure if I would surface.  A week later I had some preterm labor and had to spend a few hours in the hospital. Not sure if it is related. I didn't mention the boogie boarding to my midwife. 

3 comments:

lbp said...

You crack me up! Boogie boarding sounds like fun.

The Texas Bakers said...

Just looking at that picture is making my mouth water all over again!!!

Michelle said...

I love Balboa bars! Now I'm going to have to go get one!